Adventure New Zealand
Backcountry living skills and outdoor leadership in an international context.
This 6 credit learning opportunity will take you to the South Island of New Zealand for backpacking, sea kayaking, ice climbing, visits to cities, and interaction with local Maori tribes. Join Adventure WV to learn backcountry living skills, outdoor leadership, and immerse yourself in the unique cultures of New Zealand. No outdoor experience required. All technical equipment is provided. Potential participants should note that May in New Zealand is Fall. Much like in WV Fall weather can be unpredictable—sunny, warm, raining, cold, snowing! We will help you pack and plan so you are comfortable…but know this is not a summertime program.
2018 Program Dates: TBD - 6 Credits
Itinerary highlights include:
- 5-day backpacking trip on New Zealand’s most popular Great Walk – The Routeburn Track
- 4-days sea kayaking the Abel Tasman National Park
- 1-day helicopter ice climbing
- 1-day beach and cave exploring in Punakaiki
- Maori cultural program in Motueka
- Touring Queenstown and Christchurch
Receive Program Updates2018 Interest Form
Please contact Assistant Director Marion Holmes for more information:
Phone: 304.293.8503 email: email@example.com