Adventure New Zealand
BACKCOUNTRY LIVING SKILLS AND OUTDOOR LEADERSHIP IN AN INTERNATIONAL CONTEXT
2017 Program Dates: May 8th – 28th
Registration OPEN: https://wvuabroad.wvu.edu/sites/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgram&Program_ID=904
RECEIVE 2017 PROGRAM UPDATES
This 6 credit learning opportunity will take you to the South Island of New Zealand for backpacking, sea kayaking, ice climbing, visits to cities, and interaction with local Maori tribes. Join Adventure WV to learn backcountry living skills, outdoor leadership, and immerse yourself in the unique cultures of New Zealand. No outdoor experience required. All technical equipment is provided. Potential participants should note that May in New Zealand is Fall. Much like in WV Fall weather can be unpredictable—sunny, warm, raining, cold, snowing! We will help you pack and plan so you are comfortable…but know this is not a summertime program.
Itinerary highlights include:
- 5-day backpacking trip on New Zealand’s most popular Great Walk – The Routeburn Track
- 4-days sea kayaking the Abel Tasman National Park
- 1-day helicopter ice climbing
- 1-day beach and cave exploring in Punakaiki
- Maori cultural program in Motueka
- Touring Queenstown and Christchurch
Please contact Marion McClure at 304.293.8503 or by email at email@example.com to schedule an appointment or to find out more information.